Corporate Wellness Programs
As a hiking guide and outdoors advocate, I’ve worked first-hand with many organizations to create hiking-based corporate wellness programs that lead to happy, healthy, and productive employees. My corporate wellness programs include trail time, nature immersion, and outdoor skill-building. The results so far have been incredible. Participants have reported feeling more focused, calm, empowered, and confident. And all while having fun being outdoors.
Corporate Wellness Services
I offer several types of hiking-based corporate wellness services.
- Guided hikes and walks
- Outdoor skill building
- Planned, progressive hiking challenges to build confidence and executional ability
The guided hikes are for
- People who want to get fit in a fun and easy way
- People who want to experience the outdoors
- People who want to learn about hiking
- Poeple who hike already and want to challenge themselves
The hikes are done between 2-2.5 miles an hour (a comfortable walking pace). We hike together as a group at all times. It’s not a race.
Generally the curriculum that works best is
- A (6-8 week) plan of hikes to achieve a goal such as climbing the highest point in the area
- Guided hikes for the plan (which can happen before or after work, or on weekends)
- Tips on hiking, gear selection, and outdoor skills
- A strategic and long-term approach to conquering bigger challenges
I also do on-demand hikes and outdoors education including:
- Introduction To Hiking (for beginners)
- Confidence in the Outdoors (for beginners to intermediate hikers)
- Taking Your Hiking to the Next Level (for intermediate to expert hikers)
- Team Building (a lightly guided hiking adventure)
- Organizational hiking club formation and guidance
I don’t sell an app or product, but instead work with you to customize and outdoors-based wellness program that works for your organization. I do offer guided hike services as part of the curriculum. Contact me to discuss your specific needs.
cut & paste: email@example.com
The Benefits Of Hiking & Corporate Wellness
The great thing about a hiking-based corporate wellness program is that it combines the benefits of light exercise with the benefits of nature immersion. Each session empowers participants to feel comfortable in the outdoors, which transfers to the workplace and their lives.
- A study by the Foundation for Chronic Disease Prevention in the Workplace found improvement in the psychological well-being 752 employees in the US and UK who began walking 10,000 steps per day. The improvements included their concentration, self-esteem, confidence and a great reduction in stress. This enhanced sense of well-being was directly correlated to higher productivity.
- According to Yale, a growing body of research points to the beneficial effects that exposure to the natural world has on health, reducing stress and promoting healing. Policymakers, employers, and healthcare providers are increasingly considering the human need for nature in how they plan and operate.
- In Japan the practice of Shinrin-yoku, or “forest bathing” has been practiced for some time and was found to lead to less stress.
- Offering an outdoor-based wellness program not only helps in the workplace; the participant can enjoy the benefits you provide (calm, happiness, etc.) when not at work. There have even been studies done that show the benefits of group nature walks for those struggling with mental-health issues.
Why Cris Hazzard?
As a professional hiking guide with extensive corporate experience, I’m in a unique position to understand how to best make an outdoors-baed wellness program work for you. I have personal experience participating in corporate wellness programs, I’ve lead hiking wellness groups as an entrepreneur and business owner, and I’ve seen it work as a hiking guide (working with organizations). You can read about my story here, and you can get an idea of what my guided hikes and qualifications are here. If you have any questions, please contact me.
cut & paste: firstname.lastname@example.org