Using Courses on the Garmin GPSMAP 66 Series
The 9.60 firmware update brings course functionality to the Garmin GPSMAP 66 series. Courses are a bit of a hybrid between tracks and routes. In this video, I'll show you how to create a course and then navigate it using your GPSMAP 66 series device.
- How Does a Course Compare to Tracks and Routes
- When to Use a Course
- Creating a Course on Desktop and Mobile
- Navigating the Course on the GPSMAP 66
- Creating a Course on the GPSMAP 66
FIRMWARE UPDATE: https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=14337
This Guide Was Written by Cris Hazzard
Hi, I'm Cris Hazzard, aka Hiking Guy, a professional outdoors guide, hiking expert, and author based in Southern California. I created this website to share all the great hikes I do with everyone else out there. This site is different because it gives detailed directions that even the beginning hiker can follow. I also share what hiking gear works and doesn't so you don't waste money. I don't do sponsored or promoted content; I share only the gear recommendations, hikes, and tips that I would with my family and friends. If you like the website and YouTube channel, please support these free guides (I couldn't do it without folks like you!).
Don't Miss Out
- Monthly(ish) Email Newsletter - A list of new guides and important info for hikers.
- YouTube - Subscribe for new video notifications. The best way to get notified every time a new guide goes up.
- Instagram - I occasionally share pretty pictures from my hikes, broadcast live from the trail, and let you know about new guides.