In this short video I’ll walk you through the tools I use to navigate on the trail, including planning, on-trail dashboards and nav check-ins, workout recording, and then post-hike sharing.
- GAIA GPS DISCOUNT: https://hikingguy.com/gear
- MY FAV GAIA LAYERS: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AIO1-hYXz4o
This Guide Was Written by Cris Hazzard
Hi, I’m Cris Hazzard, aka Hiking Guy, a professional outdoors guide, National Recreation Trails (NRT) Ambassador, and author based in Southern California. I created this website to share all the great hikes I do with everyone else out there. This site is different in that it gives very detailed directions that even the beginning hiker can follow. I share the hiking tricks and tips that I’ve learned over the years to fast-track you into a hiking pro. And I tell you what hiking gear works and what gear doesn’t so you don’t waste your money.
Don’t Miss Out
- Monthly(ish) Email Newsletter – A list of new guides and important info for hikers.
- YouTube – Subscribe for new video notifications. The best way to get notified every time a new guide goes up.
- Instagram – I occasionally share pretty pictures from my hikes, broadcast live from the trail, and let you know about new guides.