My Go-To Map Layers in Gaia GPS (For Hiking)
In this video I'll walk through the diffeent map layers that I find useful when planning nad going on a hike using Gaia GPS. I'll show you which specific maps make sense and why, and also show you how I check for rain, snow, wildfires, cell reception, and overgrown trails.
- My Go-To Base Map Layers
- Planning Layers for Hikes
- Tracking Wildfires With Map Layers
- Checking Snow and Avalanche Conditions
GAIA DISCOUNT: https://www.gaiagps.com/discounts/#_r_hikingguy
This Guide Was Written by Cris Hazzard
Hi, I'm Cris Hazzard, aka Hiking Guy, a professional outdoors guide, hiking expert, and author based in Southern California. I created this website to share all the great hikes I do with everyone else out there. This site is different because it gives detailed directions that even the beginning hiker can follow. I also share what hiking gear works and doesn't so you don't waste money. I don't do sponsored or promoted content; I share only the gear recommendations, hikes, and tips that I would with my family and friends. If you like the website and YouTube channel, please support these free guides (I couldn't do it without folks like you!).
Don't Miss Out
- Monthly(ish) Email Newsletter - A list of new guides and important info for hikers.
- YouTube - Subscribe for new video notifications. The best way to get notified every time a new guide goes up.
- Instagram - I occasionally share pretty pictures from my hikes, broadcast live from the trail, and let you know about new guides.