In this short video I’ll explain why automatically sharing your hikes and outdoor activity data with Strava helps trail advocates and land planners get the information they need to improve the outdoor experience.
- Connect Strava: https://www.strava.com/upload/device
- Strava Metro: https://metro.strava.com
- Metro Case Studies: https://medium.com/strava-metro
- Strava Heatmap: https://www.strava.com/heatmap
- US Fed Budgets: https://www.doi.gov/bpp/budget-justifications
- PHX Trail Counters: https://www.phoenixopendata.com/dataset/hiking-trail-usage
- Sample Trail Proposals: https://bit.ly/3kZFJdS – https://bit.ly/3sutREW
This Guide Was Written by Cris Hazzard
Hi, I’m Cris Hazzard, aka Hiking Guy, a professional outdoors guide, National Recreation Trails (NRT) Ambassador, and author based in Southern California. I created this website to share all the great hikes I do with everyone else out there. This site is different in that it gives very detailed directions that even the beginning hiker can follow. I share the hiking tricks and tips that I’ve learned over the years to fast-track you into a hiking pro. And I tell you what hiking gear works and what gear doesn’t so you don’t waste your money.
Don’t Miss Out
- Monthly(ish) Email Newsletter – A list of new guides and important info for hikers.
- YouTube – Subscribe for new video notifications. The best way to get notified every time a new guide goes up.
- Instagram – I occasionally share pretty pictures from my hikes, broadcast live from the trail, and let you know about new guides.