How to Find Public and Park Land Boundaries for Free
There are a lot of data sources for public land and park boundaries, but not many easy ways to access and work with them. In this guide, I'll show you two ways to see land boundaries for free and import them into your mapping software.
- Land Boundaries With Trails
- Exporting GPX with Land Boundaries
Code to use in Overpass-Turbo( Change 6140735 to whatever ID you get on OpenStreetMap )
[out:json][timeout:25]; relation(6140735); out geom;
Have a question about the guide or want to see what other people are saying/asking? View the Youtube comments for this video. Leave a comment and I will do my best to respond.
This Guide Was Written by Cris Hazzard
Hi, I'm Cris Hazzard, aka Hiking Guy, a professional outdoors guide, hiking expert, and author based in Southern California. I created this website to share all the great hikes I do with everyone else out there. This site is different because it gives detailed directions that even the beginning hiker can follow. I also share what hiking gear works and doesn't so you don't waste money. I don't do sponsored or promoted content; I share only the gear recommendations, hikes, and tips that I would with my family and friends. If you like the website and YouTube channel, please support these free guides (I couldn't do it without folks like you!).
Don't Miss Out
- Monthly(ish) Email Newsletter - A list of new guides and important info for hikers.
- YouTube - Subscribe for new video notifications. The best way to get notified every time a new guide goes up.
- Instagram - I occasionally share pretty pictures from my hikes, broadcast live from the trail, and let you know about new guides.